Om Shree Om: The Mind, Body & Spirit of Teaching Children’s Yoga, A Teacher Training Program
After completing this training with Christine McArdle Oquendo, you will be perfectly confident with your ability to develop and teach your own Children’s Yoga program.
Step into the sacredness of offering Yoga to Children... Inspire children to celebrate their goodness, the love and beauty in their hearts as they strengthen, nourish and transform their bodies and minds. Teach children to recognize and align with the web of light that weaves through them and connects all of us to each other and all things in nature. Through the practice, nurture children’s spirituality, to anchor their understanding and to grow their gifts. Develop a community of trust, caring and belonging, where the children’s inner and outer world’s truly blossom.
This is Children’s Yoga, this is “Om Shree Om”, where children of all ages feel their home. In this Yoga Alliance registered training we journey passionately into the countless blessings that a Children’s Yoga practice brings as we explore ways to skillfully lead our youth through an epic journey of Yoga, that serves mind, body and spirit in it’s highest.
A 6 weekend or 95 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School
This training is has been designed for experienced Yoga teachers, classroom teachers, parents, therapists and anyone who has a passion and desire to work holistically with children, students share in the magic made by like-minded friends, all dedicated to serving the needs of children today. If you are currently a 200 RYT, upon completion of this training you can become a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. Excellent, insightful handouts are provided as well as Christine’s 100 page, Anusara Yoga® approved teacher training manual that will be published this year: The Mind, Body and Spirit of Teaching Children’s Yoga, A Teacher Training Manual.
There will be assigned, required reading plus homework/home practice. You must also attend and/or assist children’s Yoga classes of your choice and teach a short version of a class for Christine, in order to receive your certificate of completion. If you are an RYT, you may receive 95 hours of continuing education credits for this course.
Christine offers her training world wide
Upcoming training dates are shown at right. For more information on training dates near you or if you are interested in hosting Christine, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for Christine's upcoming teacher's manual
The Mind, Body and Spirit of Teaching Children's Yoga will be published in this year.
Topics covered in Christine's teacher training program
- Serving the needs of the 21st Century Child
- Teaching to different ages and levels of maturity
- Benefits to children: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Age appropriate asana, partner yoga, and warm-ups
- Songs & music, chants & mantras
- Mudras & pranayama
- An intro to alternative teaching styles: Montessori, Steiner, Freinet…
- Curriculum writing: 4 week class, 6 week, year-long
- Individual classes: creating themes, lesson planning
- Meditation, mindfulness and visualizations with children
- Yogic activities: games, stories, poems, heart centered activities
- Chakra work & intuition games
- Child psychology and teaching to each level of development
- Physiology, neurobiology & anatomy age 3 through adolescence
- Teaching Anusara Universal Principles of Alignment to children
- Assisting children in postures
- Rituals and ceremony, creating sacred space in your classes
- The art of classroom management
- Marketing your classes
Christine (4th from left in back row) with recent graduates of her Om Shree Om teacher training program.
Upcoming training dates
- Bilbao, Spain
24, 25 of Sept.
- Contact: Leyre Llano
- City Yoga, Madrid, Spain
- Yoga en Aixe, Aix-en- Provence, France
Part 1: 11/12-13, Part 2: 11/26/27
- Contact: Elise
- Barcelona, Spain. Eolia
Dec. 5 to 7 modules 1/2
- First Training in USA in 2 years will be held in Portland, Oregon, January 2012.
- For more information, contact Christine directly.
- Palma de Mallorca, Zun Ray
Feb. 24 -27